Thursday, July 12, 2012

Red Hat Tulle Wreath

My mom is really into the Red Hat thing. She is the Queen of her chapter - they are called Ruby's Southern Red Hats. She is also involved with another chapter that is within the local senior activity center. 
As you probably know - the Red Hat Society has red and purple for their signature colors. (my mom's bathroom is decorated in red and purple!) The reason being once you are over 50 you are entitled to wear anything you want - including red and purple together, with big bold hats and boas and scarves and lots of bling...you get the idea, right? My mom wears a crown to all her events and has even participated in pageants and talent shows. I know she has a lot of fun and I am happy she is so involved with something that surrounds her with good friends on a regular basis.


Mom saw my TUTORIAL on making tulle wreaths and asked for a red and purple one, so of course, I obliged. She also loves butterflies so I added 2 pretty "spring fling" butterflies that I purchased at Hobby Lobby. They just clip on so they are really easy to use.


















KitchenFun
Country Momma Cooks

8 comments:

  1. Love it! We have a tradition in my family that when you turn 50, you get the Red Hat - I think I'll have to keep this tutorial for my sister who turns 50 in December - hang it on her door the morning of her birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful... I'm over 50 and I want one..lol

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and for being so kind and adding my blinkie to your side bar. I was looking for one one on your blog to add to mine but could not find one... :(

    I'm your newest follower. Looks like a really fun and inspirational blog.

    Take care
    Nana

    PS.. love the apron you are wearing in the photo to the right. I love the colors and really love the style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute and I bet Mom loved it! Thanks for sharing at the All Star Block Party!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty wreath! Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww.. this is super cute!! It turned out great.. perfect for the Red Hat Society!

    Thanks so much for linking up to Financial Friday last week! I hope to see ya there tomorrow at 7!

    ReplyDelete

Every Time You Comment - An Angel Gets Its Wings~