Thursday, May 3, 2012

Rainbows & Butterflies Wreath




I am really getting into these tulle wreaths. They are easy to make - such a variety of colors - and endless ways to embellish them.
Every thing came from Hobby Lobby - I pretty much bought all the butterflies - which were a new item. They were less than $2 each so even without being on sale they were inexpensive. I am also making a red and purple wreath for my mom (she is a Red Hat Queen) and so I bought lavender butterflies for hers.

Instructions are simple:
Cut strips of tulle - I cut about 12 inches - depending on the size wreath - you can always trim later when all are tied on - double tie them onto your wreath - I just put mine on random - add whatever embellishments you like.

*Optional - I wrap a satin ribbon around the wreath first - it makes them slide easier if you use a straw wreath. Then you can tie a bunch on and slide them around to bunch them up tighter.

4 comments:

  1. I love this style of wreath! I made some for my girls' room last year. I love that every single one comes out looking do different. Great job on your wreath and thanks for linking to Pin-ed it, Made it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This wreath is adorable!! I have been wanting to make one for awhile now...I think I am going to give this one a try!
    Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable! I just love the idea!! Thanks so much for sharing at Two Sasters!!

    ReplyDelete

Every Time You Comment - An Angel Gets Its Wings~