Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Yarn Wreath

These turned out so much prettier than  this photo shows.

A very simple project - and inexpensive to make.

Items needed:
foam wreaths (whatever size you prefer - I happened to have the largest and smallest sizes)
1 pound of yarn
fabric & embellishments

Simply wrap the yarn around the foam until all white is covered and tie off.
I made one long ruffle and then hot glued it to the wreath - wrapping around and around to make a big flower. I then hotglued clear jewels to the center of the ruffled flower. You can embellish in any way you like - using flowers, ribbon, wooden letters, etc.

4 comments:

  1. These look really great I bet even better in person. Great idea I love being crafty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fab, what a great way to get rid of some of my yarn stash!!
    ALison
    x
    now following!

    ReplyDelete

Every Time You Comment - An Angel Gets Its Wings~